Tiun's Best Monofin
Our exclusive monofin is the most comfortable, safe, and realistic merman monofin in the world. You will experience a new level of merman power as you glide through the water with the best merman monofin available! They fit so naturally you can hardly see your feet and ankles inside, which helps you look like a REAL mermaid! Although our monofin fits comfortably and securely, you can also remove it quickly and easily with a light tug and a kick.
How to use a Tiun Monofin
Please do not hop, walk or try to use stairs with the monofin on your feet. Put it on once you are at the edge of the water, then slide into the pool carefully. Understand that it may take some effort to get your feet into the holes at first. The monofin is designed this way to hold your feet securely in place while you swim. Putting on the monofin and mermaid tail is easy! With the monofin already in the tail, roll the mermaid tail fabric down to the monofin so you can see the foot holes and slip your feet into the holes, pulling the cuffs up securely around your ankles. With feet in the monofin, gently pull the mermaid tail back up around legs to waist.
How to Swim with a Merman Monofin
When swimming, use what is termed a “dolphin kick,” where both feet move together in a downward and upward WAVE motion to move through the water. Also called a merman kick, this is the same kick used with the “butterfly stroke.” Follow these tips to get started:
- Practice in the pool without the monofin or your merman tail at first. Get used to the motion of the dolphin kick with your legs together to propel you through the water.
- Once you feel comfortable with the motion of the dolphin kick, put on just the monofin and practice swimming. You will notice how much easier doing the dolphin kick is with it!
- Once you are comfortable swimming in the monofin, pull your merman tail skin over the monofin and practice swimming in the entire tail while still in the shallow end.
- Learn and practice the Quick-Release Method. Watch the video for further information.
- Be aware that you will be the center of attention and others are going to want to try it! To ensure their safety and enjoyment, please share these important instructions with anyone else you allow to use your monofin and merman tail.
Avoid hopping in the merman tail or monofin, or rubbing the fabric against hard rough surfaces like rocks and rough pool edges, as this will damage the fabric. After swimming, rinse the monofin with clean water to remove chlorine, sand and/or salt.